<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, August 24, 2003

CNN Programs - Anchors/Reporters - Bruce Morton: "Bruce Morton
Bruce Morton is one of CNN's leading national correspondents. In addition to his extensive political reporting for CNN, he delivers an essay each week entitled, 'The Last Word' on the network's Late Edition with Wolf Blitzer, which airs Sundays from 12-1:30 p.m. (ET). "

I appreciate the history and heritage of CBS news, Fred Friendly, chain-smoking Edward R. Morrow and all that, and I do understand that while newspapers are written for a 12-year-old reading level, television must be written for an even lower reading level and evidently a lower than 12-year-old cognitive level as well, but every time I hear Bruce Morton's commentaries I am struck with how obvious everything he says is.

Bob Schieffer has the same problem. Who taught them to dumb it down so much?

Tell me somethng I don't know or that makes me think, will you, boys?
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?